Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I thought so as well. Turned out last night I followed neither you nor LaFemme. Bummer.
Oh, wow. You missed some really golden posts by not following me. I don’t know if the stuff coming up is going to be half as good. I’ll do my best, but my best years could be behind me.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Like what are they expecting?

"Oh really, pzzydstryr376? Here's my address, come on over! ;)"
That’s exactly what they they expect. I get a ton of those messages. Fortunately I don’t live anywhere near the “centre of the universe” (Toronto) but I am tempted to send them to a random Starbucks on Queen Street.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know what else is creepy? Someone you have quite literally never interacted with, who never posts in the forums, messages you to tell you they either are from the same place you are, or they will be visiting soon, accompanied by nothing other than a wink.

Er, so? What are you telling me for?
A guy did that to me last year. Told me he had seen me getting out of my car at my office in Mayfair. Was able to describe the car and place. Really creepy. Haven't used the front door since.

D

deleted924715

A guy did that to me last year. Told me he had seen me getting out of my car at my office in Mayfair. Was able to describe the car and place. Really creepy. Haven't used the front door since.

OMG!!!!! I wasn't even talking that specific - that's so creepy!

I was only going through my old PMs from before I restricted access and there were ones like "hey sexy, I'm over in the UK next week ;)" or "I'm from up north too, willing to travel ;)" and *that* dumbfounded me because I had literally never interacted with them and they had obviously never read anything I'd posted. There are very few people in the chatroom when I very first joined that have seen me, so it's not that...

What you got would freak me the fuck out

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On what planet did he think that would be well received?! Jeebus. I'm sorry. :scream:: unamused:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

That scares me more than anything. A few years ago I had a stalker from Italy. He found my Facebook page, and he also found the Facebook page for a volunteer group that I head. He said he was going to meet me at the stables so I could take him for a ride.

For more than a brief moment I thought that he literally meant he was in Florida! I can't tell you how freaked out I was. I cried and sobbed and told my husband that I didn't want to leave the house. I even put my big pistol in my car whenever I went anywhere. I didn't go to the stables for weeks just thinking about it. He never left Italy, as far as I know, but it was many, many months before I logged on here again.

I don't know if I overreacted, but I was ready for anything. Intrusion in real life is very very scary.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know if I overreacted, but I was ready for anything. Intrusion in real life is very very scary.
I don't think it's overreacting in anyway. It's just realising having fun online isn't as safe as it appears when you type something on your phone.

I honestly don't think he would ever do anything to me - and I'm never alone, so I know I'm always safe. It just made me realise being honest about my work and life here could have consequences IRL. I know I should have known better as I've been in IT security for years - seeing and hearing bad stuff now and then. In that sense it was a good eye opener for me. I really should follow the guidelines I preach for others.

Some of the fuckers I've encountered on here are a very legitimate additional reason for me to be glad to have firearms at hand. I've been careful enough thus far that I don't think there is anything to be especially concerned about on here, but just like I repeatedly said in various ways in the "why don't you post photos of your face" or whatever thread, I would rather behave with caution than be a naive idiot.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dislike weapons but I totally understand you. I've always been very fond of different kinds of self defense - lately primarily kickboxing. I train at least a few times a week.

Every women should really be able to defend themselves. I'm grateful my mother insisted I should learn karate as a kid. Not for the physical force (I know I probably can't fend of a strong guy for long), but for the mental preparations (I know I will react forcefully instead of going into panic).

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wow. I’d freak the hell out. I have no weapons. Just a big ass purse. I don’t even have a bitchy face. We aren’t even allowed to carry pepper spray here. Mind you, I can drop and kick like a mother effer, and I have no qualms about stabbing my thumbs or keys into someone’s eyes.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Wow. I’d freak the hell out. I have no weapons. Just a big ass purse. I don’t even have a bitchy face. We aren’t even allowed to carry pepper spray here. Mind you, I can drop and kick like a mother effer, and I have no qualms about stabbing my thumbs or keys into someone’s eyes.

Having a gun isn't necessary to kick a mother fuckers ass... I own guns but I don't carry.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm from Texas, so my attitude towards guns is pretty obvious. But I respect everyone's feelings toward weapons of any kind. It's strictly a personal preference.

I took three different self defense courses when I lived in Atlanta. Two were taught by policemen, and neither advocated any weapon other than pepper spray. I told them I carry. They told me that if I didn't run at least three magazines through the gun every month then I shouldn't be carrying. Getting a license does not grant you permanent competence. I still go to the range once every couple of months.