the idea that sex is a gift that women give to men,

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Although I haven't experienced the "sex as a commodity" phenomenon first hand, I have found that it is quite common for women to withhold sex when they are aggravated with a guy. I suppose that could be construed as a mechanism for keeping guys on their best behavior as well.

Now there's some ass backwards thinking if ever I saw it...

How about, they aren't having sex with them because they're pissed at them for something? Not because they want to teach them a lesson and ensure they behave better next time.

Thinking like that suggests that a woman should be having sex regardless of her mood, because that's her duty.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Although I haven't experienced the "sex as a commodity" phenomenon first hand, I have found that it is quite common for women to withhold sex when they are aggravated with a guy. I suppose that could be construed as a mechanism for keeping guys on their best behavior as well.
this is a common assumption but is frequently false.
if we are arguing i simply do not want to have sex with you. it isn't about holding back a gift, it's about me having desires of my own which can be increased or decreased depending on the state of our relationship.
it's a huge and important difference!
seeing it only as a punishment mechanism is denying women have their own sexual needs. part of which may well be not feeling anger and resentment during sex.

kinda the whole point of this thread.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Surely foobar's big long post there is a joke? Well, it is a joke, I'm just hoping that was the intention. For it to be even vaguely true it would mean that the only goal of sex is orgasm.

Also, have to back dolf and Ac up on countering the myth that women withhold sex as punishment after a fight. If we haven't sorted out the problem the likelihood of me wanting to fuck is very much smaller.

I have sex when I'm horny and want sex - I'm lucky to have a man with a similar drive to mine.

D_GlennFeckless

Account Disabled
Media
Surely foobar's big long post there is a joke? Well, it is a joke, I'm just hoping that was the intention. For it to be even vaguely true it would mean that the only goal of sex is orgasm.

Also, have to back dolf and Ac up on countering the myth that women withhold sex as punishment after a fight. If we haven't sorted out the problem the likelihood of me wanting to fuck is very much smaller.

I have sex when I'm horny and want sex - I'm lucky to have a man with a similar drive to mine.

Thank you, MB, for picking out the sarcasm. I do, however, believe that Dolfette's proposition that this is a flawed model is dead on. One-way gift giving (and worse, the expectation of it) is vastly different from mutual "gift" exchanges, which is not the same as sharing and partnership in what should be a wonderful mutual experience.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
We can't change the rules that have been laid down over millions of years. Guys go after sex, and we give it up.

Pretty sure we've been steadily changing that for quite some time now... Still, one thing that certainly doesn't change is the ability of some to speak on behalf of everyone else :rolleyes:

We can't change the rules that have been laid down over millions of years. Guys go after sex, and we give it up.

That's a pretty archaic opinion if I ever saw one. :rolleyes: I've had a higher sex drive than any of the people I've ever fucked. And that would be over 60 people. Most of whom were male.

Have given the gift of sex a few times, remember one time she could not wait to unwrap and use it. Sitting in afternoon peak hour traffic on the Captain Cook bridge while my love was orgasming in the seat beside me. I know it's not what the op originally meant, just a li'l story.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i say thank you, because i appreciate him sharing.

at first he looked perplexed by this.

i feel the same about my boy. is a we thing, not i or a he thing.
i'm enjoying/getting just as much as he is. sometimes more. cuz he's awesome like that.
when thinking of him, one of the first thoughts i get is thank you. followed by dufus-style grinning.
*Ms. Dolfette, i am liking this man-cake in your life*

Last edited:

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
New Rule: If you can't spell or punctuate properly, no one will take your "wisdom" seriously.
Being ze grammar fuhrer wont make people like you more.

i have bolded the actual issue.
you seem to have missed it the first time around.

ps. you're
Nonsense the obvious problem is prostitutes masquerading as civilized women. Trying to entrap otherwise virtuous gentlemen with their feminine whiles.

I say we gather up the chap and get a nice tar and feathering going.

I even have some scarlet paint set aside and have been practicing my calligraphy.

Last edited:

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
I must say that for most of my life, I have always felt that it was the men who wanted sex and the women who gave it to them. Usually at some price, emotional or otherwise. To be honest, it is the women of LPSG who have convinced me otherwise. I finally get it now. Women like to fuck, too!

Who knew?!

You were asking the wrong women before!!! (WE KNEW) :biggrin1:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I see nothing at all wrong with seeing the sex I give a man as a gift.

A gift is something that I give selflessly and of my own volition.
Sharing my body and my skill is something personal that I give to him that speaks of my desire, my passion and my willingness to pleasure him.

L_egit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, there's a power dynamic attached to that, such that in the act of sharing, he is doing the same thing towards you, yet his contribution doesn't count as equivalent. You might consider the act to be a mutual gift of sorts, but its pretty clear that in many situations it isn't considered to be as such.

The implications of this are significant and underlie quite a lot of social interactions, not just between the sexes, but within them as well.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, there's a power dynamic attached to that, such that in the act of sharing, he is doing the same thing towards you, yet his contribution doesn't count as equivalent. You might consider the act to be a mutual gift of sorts, but its pretty clear that in many situations it isn't considered to be as such.

The implications of this are significant and underlie quite a lot of social interactions, not just between the sexes, but within them as well.

It didn't ask what the man's idea of sex was.
I shared what my view of what sex is for ME.

If he wanted to view the sex he shared with me as a gift then bully for him and I wouldn't be arguing his point of view.