why so angry?

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I greatly dislike the constant accusations of "white knight" behavior here on LPSG. It's tiresome how often a man speaks up in defense of a woman and how frequently that man is accused of ulterior motives. I find it insulting to heterosexual men like you. The white knight accusation implies that heterosexual men are incapable of having an actual code of conduct whereupon they act on principle. It's too often used as a snide insult, an accusation intended to undermine the valid points made by all the people of one gender if those people happen to agree with the opinion of someone of the opposite gender.

Ah, me Lady, I too disliketh the "White Knight" accusation which hath been tossed my way like a gauntlet by scoundrels who know not what of they speaketh.

Now if thou will be so kind as to bid me farewell, I mount my trusty steed to slay the dragon and rescue those in distress.
With lance in hand.
I believe the Queen is in need of my assistance.

Yea verily, I hear the call of the Size Queen.

Last edited:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fuck it, this section is Women's Issues. I ain't responding on anything here anymore. In fact, there are a few other forums I attend where there are strictly women sections where guys are actually not allowed to respond, makes sense to me. It should have been like that in the first place. Especially since most forums (especially sex orientated) the woman are usually in the minority.
We have that here as well. The Real Ladies Group has it's own forum attached and you must be verified as a woman to participate. There's no reason for you or any other man to avoid the Women's Issues forum. It is for women's issues, not women only.

On a separate note the white knight phenomenon seems to have been misunderstood by a few posters in this thread.

Poster A asserts that the problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur. (My favorite Bushism)
Poster B counters that not only do they have a word for it, it is that very word.
Poster C comes in to defend poster A from any supposition that they're not very bright.

Poster C makes no reference to the item of contention, their only participation is to bolster poster A.
This is white knighting. Character references are useless in debate.

On message boards the point of participation is to discuss subjects. Agree (support) or disagree with (oppose) points made by others NOT support or oppose the posters themselves. It seems like such a simple and obvious way to behave on a message board but it also seems to be the first principle forgotten.

Sadly there are some who seem incapable of making this distinction. White knights, people who complain of "mean" people and those who feel betrayed when a friend disagrees with them need to get a grip.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I mean no malice by it Petite, and while I'm sure there are some who would apply the term to any man who agrees with the women here over their fellow men, I'm not one of them.

That's really good to know, and I think that it's good that you clarified that. I think that askew thought you were slyly referring to him, so it's good to know that you weren't. I know that I'm glad to have read your last post.

Of course I've observed some of those behaviors, but lately it seems like the majority of the time that it's used, it isn't justified and that it's only used in an attempt to discredit the contributions of male posters.

I brought up my frustration about it because recently it seems as though every single time a male poster takes the same side as the majority of female the posters, usually against another male who is behaving in some sort of sexist way, he's predictably accused of being a white knight. So I felt I needed to speak up and say that I don't think that men are that base, since the subject seemed to have come up.

I know that dear sweet Pitbull has been accused several times, and I believe his heart to be true and his motivation is pure. Hilariously, even the gay men are accused of it! And in another instance, AE was accused of white knighting when her critic assumed she must be male. That's how often and how indiscriminately the accusation is being thrown around lately and no one ever says, "Hey, stop that. Not everyone with a penis is incapable of agreeing with something a woman says unless he wants to have sex with her, and suggesting that's the case is insulting to both genders."

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
no one ever says, "Hey, stop that. Not everyone with a penis is incapable of agreeing with something a woman says unless he wants to have sex with her, and suggesting that's the case is insulting to both genders."

Actually, I remember MoT arguing against a white knight accusation recently, although I can't remember exactly what he said. I remember it happening because I was about to argue against it, he just got in first.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually, I remember MoT arguing against a white knight accusation recently, although I can't remember exactly what he said. I remember it happening because I was about to argue against it, he just got in first.

I guess I should have written, "I wish I said..." or, "It's so rarely said..." rather than say that no one says it. I remember that Maxcock didn't take the accusation lying down, either. They were great! :biggrin1:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
That's really good to know, and I think that it's good that you clarified that. I think that askew thought you were slyly referring to him, so it's good to know that you weren't. I know that I'm glad to have read your last post.

Of course I've observed some of those behaviors, but lately it seems like the majority of the time that it's used, it isn't justified and that it's only used in an attempt to discredit the contributions of male posters.

I brought up my frustration about it because recently it seems as though every single time a male poster takes the same side as the majority of female the posters, usually against another male who is behaving in some sort of sexist way, he's predictably accused of being a white knight. So I felt I needed to speak up and say that I don't think that men are that base, since the subject seemed to have come up.

I know that dear sweet Pitbull has been accused several times, and I believe his heart to be true and his motivation is pure. Hilariously, even the gay men are accused of it! And in another instance, AE was accused of white knighting when her critic assumed she must be male. That's how often and how indiscriminately the accusation is being thrown around lately and no one ever says, "Hey, stop that. Not everyone with a penis is incapable of agreeing with something a woman says unless he wants to have sex with her, and suggesting that's the case is insulting to both genders."

I completely agree that the term is used too often, and quite a lot of the time inappropriately in an attempt to (what seems to me at least) scare men into agreeing with the opposing side... A bit like men in chat accusing women of being men, fat, ugly, racist or some other term I've missed simply because they refused to cam with them specifically. It's almost tantamount to a playground dare being handed out to see just how genuine their feelings are on the subject, and how easily that can be pushed to the other side :rolleyes:

I also found it ever so funny when AE was accused of it :biggrin1:

I think the obvious difference is as Gillette says... When someone ignores the topic, the comments and simply dives in to defend the poster themselves, giving absolutely no indication that they've any knowledge of the content being discussed. It isn't always the case, but it's usually a pretty good indication that the person being defended is only being defended because they have a pair of tits, and after almost 6 years here it has become somewhat hard to ignore, though benefit of the doubt is always given where it can be.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I guess I should have written, "I wish I said..." or, "It's so rarely said..." rather than say that no one says it. I remember that Maxcock didn't take the accusation lying down, either. They were great! :biggrin1:

It was indeed highly entertaining :biggrin1::tongue:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't remember what the thread was, but it was the same one, I believe, in which I was accused of being a white knight. It was even funnier when ManofThunder pointed out to the guy that he had already addressed the main topic of the thread, as well as the secondary topics which had arisen.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't remember what the thread was, but it was the same one, I believe, in which I was accused of being a white knight. It was even funnier when ManofThunder pointed out to the guy that he had already addressed the main topic of the thread, as well as the secondary topics which had arisen.

That was the thread :biggrin1:.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Back to topic:

Cunt exponentially expands to match the amount of dick. That is a type of support, is it not?

Though I am not one to hunt in packs, it is a known hominid behavior, both in single and mixed gender groups.

Also I was disappointed that an icon I associated with massive_pkgochuck is now also to be seen with econocook, who is not as cheerful. It makes the woman's wriggle threatening somehow.

econocook

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Back to topic:

Cunt exponentially expands to match the amount of dick. That is a type of support, is it not?

Though I am not one to hunt in packs, it is a known hominid behavior, both in single and mixed gender groups.

Also I was disappointed that an icon I associated with massive_pkgochuck is now also to be seen with econocook, who is not as cheerful. It makes the woman's wriggle threatening somehow.

No need to feel threatened. It seems the thread has gotten a little off topic and I may have actually learned what I had hoped to learn by asking "why so angry?", so I figured I'd try to sum up what I have surmised from the various posts.

1). There is a lot of history on this board with the way men and women interact that I had not taken the time to understand. It is very complex and dynamic and it is not "fair" or even realistic to point fingers at a given gender. There are other threads which are emblematic of this and my post was not really necessary, given the debate going on in other places. My bad.

2) Many of the more active women on this site aren't particularly keen on answering the same silly questions over and over. People don't use the search feature enough and there is plenty of spank worthy content regarding women who love big dicks or hate big dicks and the balance has shifted to where such questions are a non-starter. I can see the point.

3) I characterized many of the women in the Women's Issues forum as hostile (sorry for the use of "cunty") and many have expressed that they are feeling hostile, but they've got meaningful reasons for feeling that way.

4) There are a lot of intelligent women on this board that love to argue.

5) My post wasn't very constructive and I certainly haven't made many friends, but hopefully some of the people here understand that "outsiders" such as myself don't see this board as very open or friendly, and the margin for error, in terms of getting flamed, is slim. I'm not basing this conclusion on the way I've been treated here, as I was the instigator and was mean-spirited and emotional in my original tirade.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Me, too :(

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am cheerful about a lot of things...

And I can certainly change the avatar...no worries. It was just a random selection.

You certainly didn't have to do that, but I do thank you for the avatar change - but Chuck has had that particular avatar for so long, that it was a little disconcerting to see it as someone else's "face". That was thoughtful of you! :)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... I characterized many of the women in the Women's Issues forum as hostile (sorry for the use of "cunty") and many have expressed that they are feeling hostile, but they've got meaningful reasons for feeling that way...

My post wasn't very constructive and I certainly haven't made many friends, but hopefully some of the people here understand that "outsiders" such as myself don't see this board as very open or friendly, and the margin for error, in terms of getting flamed, is slim. I'm not basing this conclusion on the way I've been treated here, as I was the instigator and was mean-spirited and emotional in my original tirade.
I appreciate your apology for calling us cunty; I also appreciate the sharing of your new conclusions, and the acknowledgment of your part in how we treated you in this thread. Thank you.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I like your username, econocook. I'll bet you would enjoy my after-superbowl soup, made of one lonesome brat, sauerkraut juice, and potato salad.

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had a whole post typed out, and then my computer froze. I just hate it when that happens!

Either way, I was going to say I thought I took it a bit too far on my second post there. After I went back and re-read it It came across a lot more agressive then It needed to be.

While I do agree with Gilette on some points - surely our vaginas don't grand us rock star status - I don't think it's the underlying issue here. I don't want to disregard that I (as I can't speak for the other ladies here) do sometimes respond harsher then nescesairy. And no, that isn't very nice of me. But apart from beeing a lady, I'm also human; I am not perfect, I do get irritated, I do make mistakes. And while that doesn't make it okay, I don't think those imperfections are exclusive the female posters here - as the men do so just as often - I do think we stand out more because we're so greatly outnumbered by the other sex here.

And I don't think it's that weird that people do rub eachother the wrong way here. We are on a erotic forum and on all the forums I've visited surrounding those interests usually will have two types of members; 1.) the person genuinely interested to talk/discuss/explore and learn about the subject and 2.) the person just trying to get off. One isn't better or worse then the other, but surely their motives do conflict at times. Add this on to the blessing and curse of anomiousity of the internet (anyone can be anyone and everything they want to be - sometimes "forgetting" that here is an actual person on the other side of the cute username you were talking to) and you're almost halfway there.

I think we all are to blame in one way or the other, but i for one wouldn't be interested in visiting a forum where there wasn't any room for discussion, asking honest questions and beeing genuinely interested in getting to know each other. I did not come here to serve as anyones wank fodder - I don't think anyone does - and would like to be treated with at least some regard for my feelings. And because of that I might feel the need to speak up when I feel something or someone says something that disregards that - I do, however, need to keep my bitching and clawing to a minimum.

Really, I think we are making this a bit bigger then it needed to be :redface:

Last edited:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fearful that I may have missed something, I did an arrogant search for my username and found this thread. I don't have anything of substance to add as everything I could have said has already been mentioned or resolved. I just wanted to say thank you to the ladies who spoke so kindly of myself and others. It's very nice of you. I was going to speak a little about the 'white knight' issue, but I'll make a new thread instead.

askew

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm also PMing you because you said you'd not be joining us here again, but to set the public record straight, since my comment was made in public...

I was not talking about you, I had no specific user in mind when I typed that, and if I had have had someone in mind, you can be damned sure I'd have named them.

Honestly, while I recall more than once stumbling across the posts by members and thinking "Oh God, here they go again... don't they know how obvious they're being?" I'd have to go through post histories of countless men to recall which specific ones they were. Further, the only memory that comes to mind when viewing your posts is that at some point in recent history, I turned to my husband and laughed, saying something along the lines of how much I liked your post... Which post it was, I have bugger all idea :redface:

Oh no need to worry. After rereading my first response I thought maybe I came off as a little kiss-assish (hey, my first made up word). But I did agree with what you posted. And I should apologize if my second post came off as curt. I really do not like posting on the internet much because I think it's easier to communicate with people when you can see their faces or even over a phone and can hear inflections in voices. I am really more of a face-to-face person.

So, no bothers on this end whatsoever. I do get sick of these "penis size" threads though. I imagine going to a church site sometime and seeing priests and nuns discussing penis size.

And like a dumbass I forget you really do have a verifiable female club section. I go to a lot of forums for a lot of different subjects to unwind before hitting the sack so I have trouble keeping up with what's what.

But I do have to agree with the sticky thread "Your penis is not a woman's issue". It never has been and shouldn't be. They're attached to men. Just sometimes the balls are held by the woman, LOL.

Basically you got what you got. It's up to the man on whether he uses it or not, not a popular vote.

But one cool thing about this or any forum are all the different viewpoints.

And sorry for going off topic again. That is all...

Last edited: